This post brought to you by CDW. All opinions are 100% mine.
Who is CDW?
CDW is on the forefront of American companies that provide technological solutions for businesses, government, healthcare and education. The company strives to help customers by providing customized technological solutions in the fields of software, mobile devices, network communications, data storage, desktops, printer and video monitors, and virtualization, security, collaboration, mobility, security, cloud computing and optimization of data center.
What is data storage management and virtualization?
Exponential growth of data and its storage is one of the major issues of the companies nowadays. Subsequent need for storage is inevitable. This can be attributed to two major factors. Firstly, increase of emails and secondly, any company’s reluctance to delete any kind of information permanently cause the explosion of data.
Why does your company need data storage management and virtualization?
Effective management of data and storage ensures a flexible, simplified and standardized system of data storage and its management. Data retention policies become easier to define through the integrated archiving of data. Data retention policies ensure, on one hand, that data is properly stored and, on the other hand, that unnecessary data is deleted.
How will data storage management and virtualization help your company?
Systematic and methodical data storage management and virtualization will help your company in the following ways:
- Enhances efficiency of the business by freeing IT resources and decreases overhead administration.
- Provides a central system of data storage and management.
- Effectively reduces the constant need of data storage management and the expenses that follow.
- Helps to increase the scalability of a company, in order to ensure future expansion and flexibility.
How can you integrate data storage management and virtualization solutions in your company?
There are millions of data storage management and virtualization solution providing companies. While evaluating the best for your company, asking a few questions will help you decide better.
- How much of the company’s current budget is to be invested in organization and maintenance of data storage systems? What will be the division between primary and secondary data storage?
- How will the integration of a new data storage system change that budget?
- What will be the location of the stored data and how predictable will the growth of data be?
- How will the company’s compliance stance change because of the new data storage system?
- What is the present state of the existing data storage?
What are the components of a data storage management and virtualization system?
1. Storage Area Networks
Storage Area Networks refer to storage plans that aim to provide a speedy route to access the collection of storage devices.
2. Blade Servers
Blade servers refer to the power of processing of a conventional server, which is connected to other blade servers in a frame, sharing the cooling system, power, connectivity and management of each server.
3. Storage Management Software
Software for management of data storage is the central backbone of data storage management systems. Automatic data storage and across the network connectivity are the added advantages.
4. Archiving Software
Archiving software for data computerizes the flow of data across the many channels and levels of data storage.
5. E-discovery software
A base of e-discovery software uses advanced search options and methodical archives of inventories, thus simplifying the search processes.
6. Data De-Duplication
Data de-duplication makes sure that the usual repetition of the same data in various locations of the central system is avoided.
7. Data Storage Virtualization
Data storage virtualization ensures that multiple data storage systems do not appear as they are, but rather as a single storage system of data.
CDW makes sure that when your company is single-handedly able to achieve data storage management and virtualization solutions with the slightest of hassles. You can also download CDW’s Exclusive Red Report completely free of cost which gives an insider view of managing your company’s data.